If you suffer from inflammatory symptoms or are looking to optimize your general wellbeing, perhaps it’s time to consider a change in diet. Did you know that there are foods you can eat that actually reduce inflammation in the body?
An anti-inflammatory diet is not only delicious, but it offers an array of options for even the pickiest eaters so nearly anyone can enrich their overall wellbeing.
What is Inflammation?
The body’s inflammatory process is an automatic repair mechanism, in which the immune system naturally responds to injury or infection to ward off viruses. However, if this process goes on for longer than necessary or begins to occur in parts of the body where it isn’t needed, it can become a problem and lead to chronic inflammation.
The most common known condition caused by chronic inflammation is arthritis, however, it is thought that it can also lead to other health conditions and exacerbate certain diseases. For these reasons, many people are adopting an anti-inflammatory diet.
What is an Anti-Inflammatory Food Diet and What Goes in a Golden Milk Latte?
An anti-inflammatory food diet consists of eating specific foods that have anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
These foods include healthy fats like omega-3s in nuts and seeds, particularly walnuts, or vegetables contained with high amounts of monounsaturated fats like avocados, and foods loaded with antioxidants like berries, dark chocolate, turmeric, and ginger. Additionally, turmeric contains curcumin, another compound touted for its ability to support the healthy function of the immune system.
While ginger and turmeric can be incorporated into your diet in a variety of ways, these two ancient spices can be used to make a delicious, creamy, and plant-based drink known as Golden Milk, a warm concoction that can be enjoyed at any time of day – although it is highly enjoyable as a nightcap before you go to bed.
So, what goes into this magical concoction?
Golden Milk Chai Latte Recipe
- 1 Set of Measuring spoons
- 1 Set of measuring cups
- 1 medium saucepan
- Stirring spoon (preferably wooden)
- 1 small vegetable cutting knife
- 1 vegetable peeler (preferred, but not required)
- Coffee mugs for serving
- 2 cups nut, seed, or coconut milk (If you have a frother, set aside a little extra milk for topping the drink off with foam. )
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp loose black or green tea (or 3 tea bags)
- 1/2 tsp fresh peeled ginger
- 1 tsp fresh peeled turmeric
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (or 1 cinnamon stick)
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1 tsp maple syrup ( Replace with stevia to taste if you are concerned about your glycemic index )
- Heat all the ingredients together in a saucepan
- Bring to a boil
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan
- Let the boiled ingredients steep for 30 minutes to lock in the flavor and nutrients.
- Strain the mixture with a mesh strainer to remove the fresh herbs and spices
- [optional] steam some nut milk with a frother and drizzle on top
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can enjoy this drink cold - just add ice!
- Or use coconut cream instead of the nut milk and pour the final liquid into ice cube trays for a healthy popsicle. You can add popsicle sticks when the mixture is slightly frozen, or get creative with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Not into cooking? Try our CBD GUMMIES: RECOVERY 60CT for a chewy treat to help you support your joint health* and to invite a healthy inflammatory response* in your body. We’ve loaded these gummies with a botanical blend of ginger, turmeric, and our proprietary whole-plant hemp extract and flavored them with natural fruit and vegetable juices so you can feel your best.
Don’t Let Inflammation Get You Down
Whatever your reason may be for wanting to keep inflammation at bay, our delicious Golden Milk Chai Latte is a wonderful way to start regularly incorporating anti-inflammatory foods into your diet.
CBDMEDIC is proud to announce that we’re part of the Charlotte’s Web™ family. Shop all Charlotte’s Web products including CBD Oils, CBD Isolate, CBD Capsules, CBD Gummies for Sleep, Calm, and Exercise Recovery, CBD Balms and Creams, CBD Oils for dogs, plus Charlotte’s Web accessories like our popular Trust the Earth Hat.
Disclaimer: *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.